Common Safety Training Program (CSTP)
All personnel regularly working in Australian offshore production and drilling operations must undertake a Common Safety Training Program (CSTP) and hold a CSTP Card. Onshore personnel are largely not required to undertake the CSTP training course, however it is applicable and available to workers. In some cases, it is required by employers.
ERGT Australia’s CSTP course is available through corporate group bookings at our training centres in Perth, WA, Melbourne, Victoria and Darwin, NT. Please enquire for more information.
The expected learning outcomes for this CSTP course are:
- Reasons for a Safety Case and Safety Management System
- Recognise the importance and reasons for different work permits
- Comply with permit conditions including the wearing of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Take appropriate action to resolve faults or report faults to appropriate personnel
- Explain and implement incident response procedures.
- Identify hazards and assess risk
- Initiate suggestions to enhance task/job-specific safety
- Follow procedures for risk control
- Follow emergency procedure
- Apply knowledge of OHS legislation and the organisation OHS policies and procedures
- Evaluate, control and conclude incident control
Structure and Assessment
The Common Safety Training Program is delivered through classroom presentations, activities and participant discussion as well as practical components within a simulated workplace environment using specialised equipment. Trainees’ assessment will be conducted through on and off-the-job demonstration, oral questioning, use of a workbook, role-playing and practical exercises in an appropriate industrial scenario.
Medical and Health Standards
A medical certificate is not required for this course, however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
A government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable