Global Wind Organisation Basic Safety Training Onshore – Fire Awareness Module Perth
Approved and regulated by the Global Wind Organisation (GWO), ERGT’s Basic Safety Training (BST) Fire Awareness module has been developed to address the specific risks associated with the unique work environment of the onshore wind sector and aims to train participants on fire safety and prevention.
This module equips individuals with an understanding of fire hazards, prevention measures and appropriate response to fire incidents, utilising fire extinguishing equipment and safely evacuating a smoke-filled environment.
The potential to be working in a confined nacelle, 90m or more off the ground, in a geographically isolated location with only vertical ladderways for access means it is imperative that workers have adequate training to maintain personal safety and to respond in the event of an emergency.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical demonstrations and exercises. Trainees will be assessed through practical exercises and scenarios.
The Elements listed below describe the essential outcomes aligned to the industry performance expectations.
- Participants can act independently to identify fire hazards and prevent fires in a wind turbine environment
- The participants can take responsibility for assessing a fire and, if needed, be able to select the right extinguishing media according to the fire classes
- The participant can take responsibility for the evacuation of personnel and ensure all are safely accounted for in the event of an unmanageable fire
- The participants can act independently in efficiently extinguishing an initial fire by using basic handheld firefighting equipment, if the incident is judged to be safe
Ongoing Maintenance of Skills
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competency and currency GWO recommends course refreshers be conducted every two (2) years.
Authority / Regulator
This training is regulated and endorsed by Global Wind Organisation (GWO).
Training Standard Prerequisites
A WINDA ID will be required for this course – all certification will be uploaded to WINDA and no hard copy of a certificate will be printed at the end of training day(s).
There is no medical required for this course however the participants are required to read and sign a health questionnaire and statement of participation prior to commencing training declaring their fitness and ability to perform certain physically demanding elements.
Due to equipment safety restrictions and industry standards, there is a participant weight limit of 120kg for this course. All participants will be weighed during course to ensure they are within the limits of the equipment being utilised.
As a certified GWO Training Provider, ERGT will add your training records to WINDA.
- Participants will be able to verify their training records through their WINDA login
- Employers will be able to verify your training records through their WINDA login
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable