OPITO – Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) with Emergency Breathing System 5858 Perth · Melbourne · Darwin
Revalidate your OPITO Certification with a FOET course
ERGT Australia’s OPITO Further Offshore Emergency Training (FOET) course content covers helicopter safety and escape, firefighting, self-rescue and emergency first aid.
The FOET course is designed for personnel who are working in the offshore oil and gas industry and who require re-validation in the safety and emergency response training and assessments to work in an offshore, cold water environment.
If you are unsure if this is the correct course for you, please check with your employer for specific training requirements for your role or call us if you have any queries before booking online.
ERGT’s FOET course is conducted at our safety training centres in Perth, WA, Melbourne, Victoria and Darwin, NT. Please enquire online or call us on (08) 9417 6900 for more information.
The expected learning objectives for the FOET course are:
Helicopter Safety and Escape:
- Donning an aviation transit suit, aviation lifejacket and emergency breathing system equipment (EBS) and conducting EBS integrity checks
- Deploying, operating and breathing from EBS at atmospheric conditions
- Deploying, operating and breathing from EBS in a pool utilising personal air prior to HUET exercises (delegate to experience positive and negative pressure created by the body orientation in water)
- Actions to take in preparing for a helicopter ditching/ emergency landing
- Actions following a controlled ditching on water (including deploying EBS and, on instructions from aircrew, operation of a push out window) and evacuate through a nominated exit to an aviation life raft
- Assist others where possible in carrying out initial actions on boarding the aviation life raft, to include mooring lines, deploying the sea anchor, raising the canopy and raft maintenance
- Escape through a window opening which is underwater from a partially submerged helicopter (deploying, operating and breathing from the EBS but without operation of a
push out window)
- Escape through a window opening which is underwater from a partially submerged helicopter (deploying, operating and breathing from the EBS and operation of a push out window)
- Escape through a window opening which is underwater from a capsized helicopter (*deploying and operating the EBS on the surface prior to capsize and operating a push-out window)
- Following escape from the helicopter (HUET), inflate lifejacket, deploy spray visor and carry out in-water procedures, to include swimming, getting into Heat Escape Lessening Position (HELP), towing, chain, huddle and circle
- Boarding an aviation life raft from the water
- Being rescued by one of the recognised methods available offshore and survivor actions following rescue
Firefighting and Self-Rescue:
- Correct use of appropriate handheld portable fire extinguishers and which ones to use for different classes of fires
- Self-rescue techniques with a smoke hood from areas where visibility is reduced due to smoke
For more information on the OPITO unit outcomes please click here
Training Standard Pre-requisites
A current certification in OPITO TBOSIET, TFOET, BOSIET or FOET.
A current offshore or industry equivalent medical is required for this course. Please refer to the ERGT Medical Form for accepted medicals and requirements.
Government issued photo identification is required for course registration. Please bring swimwear and towel for in water activities.
Structure and Assessment
90% of FOET training is delivered through practical trainee participation, activities and discussion in a simulated workplace environment. The remaining 10% is delivered as theory in a classroom. Trainees will demonstrate / explain / identify their level of knowledge, skills and understanding through oral and/or written assessment and practical activities.
ERGT incorporate the use of Modular Egress Training Simulators (METS®) for HUET.
To maintain this certificate, it is an OPITO requirement to revalidate every 4 years (FOET or TFOET).
Authority / Regulator
This training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable