ISI – Industry Safety Induction
Designed for new starters, the Industry Safety Induction is a 1 day training course developed to ensure that participants are equipped with the knowledge and skills to operate safely in their roles as they enter the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production industry.
Topics include an introduction to the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry, overview of legislation and duty of care obligations; workplace hazards and risks and the communication of them; and expectations of safe workplace behaviour.
A New Start is anyone who has not worked in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production industry for at least 12 months in the last 2 years*.
Individuals who have worked in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production industry for more than 12 months in the last 2 years can complete an Experienced Worker Declaration Form as evidence that they are not required to complete the ISI prior to starting work.
* This requirement will apply in Western Australia/Northern Territory from 1 January 2020. Read the ISI FAQs for more information the ISI target audience. The New Start definition will be revised prior to 1 January 2020 for applicability to Western Australia/Northern Territory and to provide for recognition of experience across the Australian Oil Gas Exploration & Production Industry.
If you’re a member of Safer Together the ISI course fee is $450+GST. Please call at 1300 374 828 to process this rate. For non-members please click through the book now function on the website. For any other enquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Dates||Location||Price †||Booking type|
|27/11/2019||Perth||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|29/11/2019||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|11/12/2019||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|11/12/2019||Perth||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|17/12/2019||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|09/01/2020||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|22/01/2020||Perth||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|23/01/2020||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|05/02/2020||Perth||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|06/02/2020||Darwin||$650||BOOK NOW  |
|19/02/2020||Perth||$650||BOOK NOW  |
†No GST applic
The Industry Safety Induction will ensure Participants are aware of:
– The main locations and activities associated with the Oil and Gas Exploration & Production Industry
– The tools and systems used by the Industry to help manage risk
– Their roles and responsibilities as safety leaders within the Industry
– The expectations the Industry places upon workers, with regard to safety conduct and behaviour
The Program will ensure Participants are able to recognise:
– The primary hazards and risks found within the Industry
– Factors that influence their perception of risk and decision making around risk
– Behaviour and conduct that may compromise their safety and the safety of others
The Program will ensure Participants are able to apply:
– Common industry risk management tools and strategies including safety conversations, intervening
and stopping the job
Structure & Assessment
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, activities and participant discussion as well as practical activities
Participant assessment will occur through a combination of short quizzes and direct observation by the trainer/assessor of:
– Participation in activities and discussions throughout the course
– Interaction with other participants in small group activities; and
– Completion of the various quizzes, activities and exercises
Authority / Regulator
ERGT Australia delivers Industry Safety Induction under licence to Safer Together. Safer Together is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry Operating Companies and Contract Partner Companies committed to creating the leadership and collaboration needed to build a strong and consistent safety culture in our rapidly evolving industry.