Industry Safety Induction Training
Undertake the Latest Oil & Gas Industry Safety Induction
ERGT Australia’s 1-day Industry Safety Induction training course is designed for ‘new start’*, that is a prerequisite from January 1st, 2020 in Western Australia and Northern Territory to operate safely in roles to enter Oil and Gas Exploration and Production industry.
The Industry Safety Induction training will equip participants with the knowledge and skills comprising of an introduction to the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry, giving them an overview of legislation and duty of care obligations; workplace hazards, risks and the communication of them. It will also cover the expectations of safe workplace behaviour.
‘New Start’ is anyone who has not worked in the Queensland Natural Gas Exploration and Production industry for at least 12 months in the last 2 years.
Those who have worked in Western Australia, Northern Territory or Queensland Oil and Gas Exploration and Production industry for more than 12 months in the last 2 years can complete a Worker Declaration Form as evidence that they are not required to complete the ISI prior to starting work.
Please read the ISI FAQs for more information.
If you’re a member of Safer Together the ISI course fee is $450+GST. Please call 1300 374 828 to process this rate. For non-members, please click through the book now function on the website. For any other enquiries please email us at email@example.com.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable
The Industry Safety Induction will ensure Participants are aware of:
– The main locations and activities associated with the Oil and Gas Exploration & Production Industry
– The tools and systems used by the Industry to help manage risk
– Their roles and responsibilities as safety leaders within the industry
– The expectations the industry places upon workers, with regard to safety conduct and behaviour
The safety induction program will ensure participants are able to recognise:
– The primary hazards and risks found within the industry
– Factors that influence their perception of risk and decision making around risk
– Behaviour and conduct that may compromise their safety and the safety of others
The program will ensure participants are able to apply:
– Common industry risk management tools and strategies including safety conversations, intervening
and stopping the job
Structure & Assessment
ERGT’s Industry Safety Induction training course is delivered through classroom presentations, activities and participant discussion as well as practical activities.
Participant assessment will occur through a combination of short quizzes and direct observation by the trainer/assessor of:
– Participation in activities and discussions throughout the course
– Interaction with other participants in small group activities; and
– Completion of the various quizzes, activities and exercises
Authority / Regulator
ERGT Australia delivers Industry Safety Induction under licence to Safer Together. Safer Together is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry Operating Companies and Contract Partner Companies committed to creating the leadership and collaboration needed to build a strong and consistent safety culture in our rapidly evolving industry.