Respond to local emergencies and incidents Perth
The purpose of this training course is to prepare individuals to be able to respond to local emergencies and incidents with the necessary knowledge, skills, and resources. The training aims to prepare individuals to respond promptly, efficiently, and appropriately to emergency situations, minimizing the impact on the community and ensuring the safety and well-being of those affected.
This training may be used as part of a learning pathway to achieve a higher qualification and in partial completion of RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical demonstrations and exercises. Trainees will demonstrate their competence through written and practical assessment.
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
RIIERR301E Respond to work site incidents
- Plan and prepare for incident response
- Respond to incident
- Prepare forward control point
RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies and incidents
- Prepare to respond to local emergency or incident
- Respond to local emergency or incident
- Support formal relief and debrief
Authority / Regulator
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Nationally Recognised Training delivered by Australia’s vocational education and training sector.
A health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
ERGT Required Skills and Knowledge
Evidence of the following prior skills and knowledge must be provided to ERGT for verification prior to course commencement:
- RIIERR201E Conduct fire team operations OR PMAWHS213 Undertake fire control and emergency rescue OR equivalent
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit OR MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus OR equivalent ERGT Desired Skills and Knowledge
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable