RFH – Rescue From Heights
How to Rescue Someone Who Has Fallen From a Height
ERGT’s Rescue from Heights (RFH) course develops competency in the planning and responding to the fall of someone working at heights. Competency is developed and demonstrated through guided practical exercises and rescue scenarios.
This course is designed for individuals who are required to work at heights or individuals who not a part of an emergency response team (ERT) but require the skills and knowledge to perform first response rescue of a worker suspended at height.
|Dates||Location||Price *||Booking type|
|04/05/2020||Perth||$620||BOOK NOW  |
|03/07/2020||Perth||$620||BOOK NOW  |
|28/07/2020||Perth||$620||BOOK NOW  |
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Understanding of the function, ratings and equipment checks for equipment used for rescue from height using preset systems
- Understanding of key terminology associated with rescue from height equipment
- Understanding of the advantages and disadvantages of knot associated with rescue from heights activities
- Identify the appropriate stretcher for given rescue scenarios
- Recall basic principles for use of stretchers in rescue scenarios
- Principles of spinal board use
- Identification and checking procedures for a broad range of rescue from height equipment
- A non contact rescue of a suspended worker using a Gotcha Kit
- A non contact rescue of a suspended worker using a Rescue Master
- A contact rescue of a suspended worker using a Rescue Master
- Casualty handling techniques
- Casualty packaging techniques
- Rescue of an entangled worker
ERGT Required Skills and Knowledge
Evidence of the following prior skills and knowledge must be provided to ERGT for verification prior to course commencement:
RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights or equivalent
Structure and Assessment
Trainees demonstrate practical skills assessed in guided practice scenarios. There is no collection and verification of individual trainee knowledge, though there is verification of trainees’ knowledge and understanding on a group basis.
Medical and Health Standards
A health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
Government-issued photo identification is required for course registration.
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.