Supervise Confined Space Course
Learn How to Supervise Work Involving Confined Spaces
ERGT Australia’s Supervise Work in Confined Spaces course covers such topics as defining and identifying confined space, legal and company obligations, and skills in leading and promoting workplace safety culture and explaining expectations for contractor safety.
The course is designed for personnel who are required to supervise work activities in or on confined spaces.
The expected learning outcomes for the Supervise Confined Spaces course are:
- Ability to clearly define and identify a confined space
- A clear understanding and ability to operate within legal and company obligations
- Skills in leading and promoting workplace safety culture and explaining expectations for contractor safety
- Clear understanding of an individuals role as a CSE supervisor in the PTW/ISSoW system
- Supervisor’s role in rescue planning, risk management, gas testing and ongoing monitoring, inspections, toolbox meetings, safety interactions and conversation
- Excellent interpersonal skills and difficult conversations
- Coaching, mentoring abilities
- An understanding on how to be a focal point for contractor personnel
ERGT Required Skills and Knowledge
In order for ERGT to deliver the training and assessment in the timeframe specified for the Supervise Confined Spaces course, trainees are required to come to the course having attained the Nationally Recognised Training unit:
- MSMPER205 Enter confined space OR:
- RIIWHS202D Enter and work in confined space
ERGT Desired Skills and Knowledge
It is recommended but not mandatory that trainee’s work in a supervisory role in a high-risk workplace such as an onshore or offshore oil and gas facility.
Medical and Health Standards
A medical certificate is not required for this course; however, a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
A government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable