OPITO – Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (TBOSIET) 5501 Perth
OPITO-Approved T-BOSIET Safety Course for Offshore Workplaces in Tropical Waters
ERGT Australia’s OPITO Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (T-BOSIET) course covers offshore-specific safety induction, helicopter safety and escape, sea survival and firefighting and self-rescue.
The Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training course is essential for personnel who are new to the offshore oil and gas industry that require this safety and emergency response training and assessment. The T-BOSIET course is suitable for warm water locations. Those who are required to travel over cold, or both cold and warm water, are advised to complete the OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course.
If you are unsure if this is the correct course for you, please check with your employer for specific training requirements for your role or call us if you have any queries before booking online.
ERGT’s T-BOSIET course is conducted at our safety training centre in Perth, WA. Please enquire online or call us on (08) 9417 6900 for more information.
The expected learning objectives for the OPITO T-BOSIET course are the ability to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas
For more information on the OPITO unit outcomes please click here
Medical and Health Standards
A current offshore or industry equivalent medical is required for this course. Please refer to the ERGT Medical Form for accepted medicals and requirements.
Please bring swimwear and towel for in water activities.
Government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Structure and Assessment
The T-BOSIET course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical components within a simulated workplace environment. Trainees are required to demonstrate their competence through written assessment and practical exercises.
ERGT incorporate the use of Modular Egress Training Simulators (METS®) for HUET.
To maintain this certificate, it is an OPITO requirement to revalidate every 4 years (FOET or T-FOET)
Authority / Regulator
This training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable