Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
OPITO Approved Safety Course for Offshore Workplaces in Tropical Waters
ERGT Australia’s OPITO Tropical Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (T-BOSIET) course covers offshore-specific safety induction, helicopter safety and escape, sea survival and fire fighting and self-rescue.
This course is essential for personnel who are new to the offshore oil and gas industry that require this safety and emergency response training and assessment. The TBOSIET course is suitable for warm water locations. Those who are required to travel over cold, or both cold and warm water, are advised to complete the OPITO Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course.
If you are unsure if this is the correct course for you, please check with your employer for specific training requirements for your role or call us if you have any queries before booking online.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable
The expected learning outcomes for the OPITO TBOSIET are the ability to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas
Please visit www.opito.com for a detailed breakdown of the learning outcomes for this course.
Medical and Health Standards
A current offshore or industry equivalent medical is required for this course. Please refer to the ERGT Medical Form for accepted medicals and requirements.
Please bring swimwear and towel for in water activities.
Government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical components within a simulated workplace environment. Trainees are required to demonstrate their competence through written assessment and practical exercises.
To maintain this certificate it is an OPITO requirement to revalidate every 4 years (FOET or TFOET)
Authority / Regulator
This training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.