Tropical Further Offshore Emergency Training
Maintain your OPITO Certification for Offshore Workplaces in Tropical Waters
This course is designed for personnel who are working in the offshore oil and gas industry and who require re-validation in the safety and emergency response training and assessments to work in an offshore, warm water environment.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment and follow procedures in preparing for and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching.
- Demonstrate that they can use basic firefighting equipment effectively, and use self-rescue techniques in low visibility and completely obscured visibility situations e.g. smoke filled areas.
- Demonstrate that they can perform basic first aid.
Please visit www.opito.com for a detailed breakdown of the learning outcomes for this course.
Training Standard Pre-requisites
A current certification in OPITO TBOSIET, TFOET, BOSIET or FOET.
Medical and Health Standards
A current offshore or industry equivalent medical is required for this course. Please refer to the ERGT Medical Form for accepted medicals and requirements.
A government-issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Please bring swimwear and towel for in-water activities.
Structure and Assessment
90% of this course is delivered through practical trainee participation, activities and discussion in a simulated workplace environment. The remaining 10% is delivered as theory in a classroom. Trainees will demonstrate / explain / identify their level of knowledge, skills and understanding through oral and/or written assessment and practical activities.
To maintain this certificate it is an OPITO requirement to revalidate every 4 years (FOET or TFOET)
Authority / Regulator
This training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.