This course content covers risk awareness and assessment, essential safety rules and how to act in an emergency, personal safety commitments, use of personal safety equipment and boat transfer methodology.
This course is essential for personnel who work offshore that are required to travel to/for their work by boat
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Safe embarkation and disembarkation
- Individual responsibilities
- Use of appropriate flotation device used during transfers and emergencies
- Identifying and controlling hazards during swinging rope transfer
- Swing rope transfers with the correct method of luggage transfer
- Correct emergency event behaviour
- Boarding a marine life raft from water
- Initial and secondary emergency response actions
- In-water survival techniques
Training Standard Pre-requisites
A valid OPITO approved Travel Safely by Boat certificate. (Travel Safely by Boat certificates are valid for 4 years.)
ERGT Required Skills and Knowledge
There are no ERGT required skills and knowledge applicable for this course.
ERGT Desired Skills and Knowledge
There are no ERGT Desired skills and knowledge applicable for this course.
Medical and Health Standards
A medical certificate is not required for this course, however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
A government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Bathers and a towel are required for in water sessions.
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 4 years.
Authority / Regulator