TSbB FT – Travel Safely by Boat Further Training
This course is essential for personnel who work offshore that are required to travel to/for their work by boat.
This course is available through corporate group bookings at our Darwin Safety Training Centre. Please enquire for more information.
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Donning of an appropriate floatation device as used during boat transfers
- A method of transfer between a simulated boat deck and a simulated fixed installation deck using swing rope transfers with luggage transfers
- Actions in preparation of boat emergency
- Actions in the event of an abandonment
- Survival techniques following an abandonment
Medical and Health Standards
A medical certificate is not required for this course, however a health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
A government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Bathers and a towel are required for in water sessions.
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 4 years.
This training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.