Posted on: 29 October 2021
- Opportunity to work for the leading provider in our field
- Newly created position
- Be part of our tribe
Are you curious? Do you look for solutions to problems? Do you want to help us pave the way for the future?
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries.
For more than 25 years we have branched out across Australia, building a reputation based on exceptional customer service and providing relevant, engaging training that has a real impact on the people who live and work in high-risk workplaces. Our business is underpinned by a commitment to strong partnerships, experienced people, and world-class facilities.
We have a newly created position in our Finance team in Jandakot, for a curious and natural problem solver, with strong analytical skills. As the Commercial Analyst you will partner directly with the senior leadership team and the key stakeholders of the business. You will help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
The focus of this role will be to build quantitative and qualitative data reports through analysis of proprietary and industry specific data. With your proven knowledge and experience of building and working with models, metrics, reports, and dashboards you will support the business to make informed decisions in relation to, organisational strategy, operational risks, and opportunities.
In this role you will
- Prepare Investment Analysis including valuations for the Senior Leadership Team
- Conduct relevant Industry Research to assist with strategic development & planning
- Use your refined financial modelling skills and written communication to prepare business cases & support for other projects
- Provide business insight through the development of operational reports and performance dashboards using BI and other reporting tools
- Be an integral part of the design and development of ERGTs fit for purpose data management framework
- Provide additional support to the Finance Team
You thrive in an environment where you are problem solving, being curious and giving meaning to the data both qualitative and quantitative. You like to be challenged and dig deep into the data. It goes without saying you enjoy evaluating numbers and information. You are comfortable presenting to senior management and enjoy coaching non-financial stakeholders.
- At least 6 years in a similar role preferably in a commercial environment
- Qualified CA or CPA and a degree level qualification in commerce or business
- Experience with BI tools including Power BI
- Ability to understand the broader market context and have a disciplined approach to undertake relevant industry research
- Ability to build complex models, develop business cases and design dashboards
- Flexible in the task role of this position and able to adapt to the changing nature of the business
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Are you curious to know more? Then please attach your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are suitable for this role?