Database and Insights Developer - PTC
Posted on: 21 December 2022
As Database and Insights Developer you will be immersed in the design, implementation and ongoing development of all aspects of ERGT’s database and recently formed data warehouse infrastructure. You will work closely with a small team consisting of the Project Manager, Reporting Analyst, and Systems & Technology manager to develop and enhance ERGT’s newly built data insight dashboards.
- Database maintenance; performance tuning, security, resilience, capacity planning and other facets common to database management
- Data Warehouse maintenance & development using SSAS tabular models; security, resilience, ETL from multiple disparate data sources, scripting and automation
- Designing and implementing a data workflow through ETL processes
- Designing and implementing fact tables, dimensions & measures.
- Assist the Finance Manager and Reporting Analyst in maintaining and developing dashboards.
- Build and maintain reports using SQL Server Reporting Services
- Documentation – database & data warehouse architecture, ETL etc
- Windows server & database systems administration, troubleshooting, upgrades & backup
- Stakeholder Liaison –in response to data requests and building self-service insights tools that staff love to use
- Familiarity and experience with database design, data modelling and documentation
- Familiarity integrating SQL Server with 3rd party systems and applications
- MS SQL Server 2016/2019+ – 2 years’ experience
- SQL Server Analysis Services – 12+ Months
- SQL Server Reporting Services – Advanced
- MS SQL Server Replication – 12 months
- Very strong advanced SQL/Stored proc programming skills – 2 years
- Python Pandas Intermediate
- Windows Server administration & Active directory (highly desirable)
- Microsoft Office 365 stack, in particular SharePoint Online (highly desirable)
- Ability to exploit the functionality of Business Intelligence tools such as PowerBI (highly desirable
What you will need to get started:
- Full working rights (Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen)
- Professional, mature, well-groomed, and articulate
- High levels of curiosity, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning and self-improvement
- Experience in building/maintaining centralized data repositories / data warehouses
- Total commitment to customer service
- Team Player who is equally able to work autonomously
- Humility and a focus on the needs of others
- Hunger and a drive to achieve and seek responsibility, action-orientated, meet deadlines and make it happen
- Organizational skills and the able to juggle multiple tasks
Why we think you’ll like it here
- Permanent position with the option of a 9-day fortnight
- Supportive team environment and great company culture
- The latitude to ‘make this role your own’
- Free parking and complimentary lunch on site
- Applications should include a resume and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Please submit your application at the link to Seek below.
- Juniors with the desire to learn will be considered.
- Applications for this position are open until the 25th of January 2023.
Applications via SEEK
ERGT celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.