Posted on: 22 July 2022
We currently have a position in our team at Jandakot, for a full time permanent HSE Advisor. This role ensures that the organisation’s culture, systems and processes in Health, Safety and Environment are align with OHS legislation, ERGT’s operational requirements and organisational strategy. This includes advising all levels of management and team members in HSE related matters that will support ERGT’s vision of an enduring and resilient business.
In this role you will:
- Promote a safety culture for all employees, contractors and subcontractors, promote Stop Work Authority and raise awareness of HSE accountabilities.
- Advise on HSE matters and compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations, codes and standards.
- Assist with the management of COVID processes and administration.
- Review, maintain and support the ERGT HSE Management System and related procedures.
- Conduct HSE Inductions for new employees and contractors, identify skills or knowledge gaps and provide training and mentoring.
- Assist with coordination and conduct audits and workplace inspections to monitor compliance to the HSE management system.
- Assist with the preparation of reports on HSE performance to applicable internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor/coordinate completion of site muster drills, first aid officer training and the service and maintenance of emergency response and first aid equipment.
- Assist with the coordination of incident investigations, incident reports, communicate findings and corrective actions.
- Provide advice and assistance to People and Culture Team as required in the coordination and support of injury management across ERGT including establishing and advising on Return to Work Programs.
- Based on business needs, you may be required to travel interstate and visit ERGT Training Centres.
You enjoy working in a team environment that puts culture first, have a passion for safety and education, and above all else are a passionate about HSE. You can work under pressure while being flexible and open minded in solving challenges together as a team to achieve the best outcome.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Minimum of 2 years similar experience
- Minimum Certificate IV in WHS
- Auditing Qualification
- Incident Investigation Qualification
- Provide First Aid or equivalent
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries.
For more than 25 years we have branched out across Australia, building a reputation based on exceptional customer service and providing relevant, engaging training that has a real impact on the people who live and work in high-risk workplaces. Our business is underpinned by a commitment to strong partnerships, experienced people, and world-class facilities.
Kindly submit your application via SEEK.