Incident Management Simulator Operator
Posted on: 13 October 2021
Location: Jandakot, Perth Safety Training Centre
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries. Open your career up to a world of opportunity with ERGT and help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
We are seeking an outgoing IT literate person to join our Incident Management Training team as Simulator Operator. In this position, you will contribute to the team’s success by providing support in the day-to-day operations of the Incident Management Training Centre. The Simulator Operator is integral to holistic exercise management of all IMTC courses.
As the IMTC Simulator Operator, you will develop an understanding of ERGT’s suit of Incident Management programs. You are also a strong team player who is trusted by other team members. Your prioritisation skills are at a high level, and you have the ability to adapt to changing situations at short notice. You will have an outgoing personality and work well in a team environment.
Your responsibilities as IMTC Exercise Operator will include:
- Proactively manage exercise preparation and execution as a part of the Exercise Team.
- Work closely with the IMTC lead Facilitator to ensure effective delivery of exercises
- Looking for new and innovative ways to deliver scenario-based training
- Work closely with and perform Role Playing duties to compliment the scenario-based training with the exercise team.
- Manage IMTC equipment and inventories to a high standard.
- Work closely with and cooperate with all departments within ERGT to ensure the role reflects the values of ERGT
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft, Gaming, Word, etc)
- Preferable knowledge of emergency services, preferably Oil and Gas.
- A proven capacity to learn through a qualification or working towards one.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- On the job training and support in Simulator operation.
- Development and training in understanding Process Plant Operations.
- Training in ERGT’s Suit of Emergency Response Training course/qualifications.
- Support in completion of a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – TAE40116
- A chance a part of a high-performance team.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact the People and Culture team on 9417 6992 / 9417 6921
To Apply for this position – please submit your update resume and cover letter via Seek: