Maritime Trainer & Assessor – Altona Training Centre
Posted on: 05 July 2021
Location: Altona, Melbourne Safety Training Centre
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries. Open your career up to a world of opportunity with ERGT and help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
We are seeking passionate and suitably experienced current or former Mariners and Royal Australian Navy personnel to join our Maritime Safety training team. We are currently recruiting for the above persons to assist with the increase in demand for STCW short courses, specifically:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Security Awareness Training
- And the applicable Continued Competence versions of the above courses
In order to train and assess the STCW short courses the successful candidate/s will need to meet specific requirements to achieve AMSA endorsement as a lecturer. AMSA require STCW short course lecturers to meet one of the below following minimum qualifications:
- STCW Reg II/1 or III/1 certificate of competency
- Engineer class 3 near coastal and AMSA Certificate of safety training
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal and AMSA Certificate of safety training
- Chief integrated rating (STCW Reg II/5 and III/5)
- Integrated rating (STCW Reg II/5 and III/5)
- Able seafarer—deck (STCW Reg II/5)
- Able seafarer—engine (STCW Reg III/5)
- Appropriately qualified Royal Australian Navy personnel
On top of the above AMSA requirements you will also require:
- Cert IV TAE 40116
- Provide First Aid
If you don’t hold the above qualifications, but meet the AMSA requirements, and are interested in pursuing a career in training and assessment then please contact us to discuss further your options.
A career with ERGT not only provides our Trainers and Assessors the opportunity to pass on their skills and knowledge to our Trainees, but also:
- Excellent job security with permanent or casual positions available.
- The ability to ply your trade at a world class training facility.
- Becoming an integral member of a tight, cohesive and driven team environment with the common goal of achieving safe and engaging training.
- The opportunity to assist Maritime training and development at other ERGT owned training facilities
- Future development into other training streams within ERGT, whether that be Offshore Survival, Emergency Response, Safety Skills or Emergency Management.
If you’d like to take things further then we look forward to receiving your cover letter and resume through Seek Maritime Trainer and Assessor