Maritime Trainer & Assessor
Posted on: 11 January 2023
Location: Melbourne, Altona Safety Training Centre
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries. Open your career up to a world of opportunity with ERGT and help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and suitably experienced current or former Mariners and Royal Australian Navy personnel to join our Maritime Safety training team to assist in the delivery of the below STCW courses:
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- Security Awareness Training
What you need to get started:
In order to train and assess STCW short courses, the successful candidate will need to meet specific requirements to achieve AMSA endorsement as a lecturer.
AMSA Requirements (minimum one qualification from below):
- STCW Reg II/1 or III/1 certificate of competency
- Engineer class 3 near coastal and AMSA Certificate of safety training
- Master less than 80 metres near coastal and AMSA Certificate of safety training
- Chief integrated rating (STCW Reg II/5 and III/5)
- Integrated rating (STCW Reg II/5 and III/5)
- Able seafarer—deck (STCW Reg II/5)
- Able seafarer—engine (STCW Reg III/5)
- Appropriately qualified Royal Australian Navy personnel
On top of the above AMSA requirements, you will also require:
- Cert IV TAE 40116 (essential)
- Provide First Aid (desirable)
If you don’t hold the above qualifications but meet the AMSA requirements, please contact us to discuss this further.
Why we think you’ll like it here:
- Provides you the opportunity to pass on valuable skills and knowledge.
- Excellent job security with permanent or casual positions available.
- The ability to apply your trade at a world class training facility.
- Becoming an integral member of a tight, cohesive and driven team
- Future development into other training streams within ERGT, whether that be Offshore Survival, Emergency Response, Safety Skills or Emergency Management.
Please contact our People & Culture team on 08 9417 6921 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
ERGT celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.