Trainer & Assessor
Posted on: 29 September 2022
Location: Altona, Melbourne Safety Training Centre
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries. Open your career up to a world of opportunity with ERGT and help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
We are seeking passionate and suitably experienced people to join our training team delivering high quality safety and emergency response training to the oil and gas and aviation industries. Exposure within either the oil and gas or aviation industries is highly beneficial for this role, however due to ERGTs trainer development process it is not essential.
Successful candidates will be supported through their development by other well experienced Trainers within the business.
If you have what it takes and are passionate about training, then we have the opportunity for you to come on board and join our team as a Trainer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your main responsibilities as a Trainer will be:
- Manage all trainees allocated to scheduled courses
- Ensure all training is delivered and assessed according to the Nationally Recognised Training Standards.
- Work alongside ERGT management to promote and consistently deliver high quality products and services and meet quality objectives
- Review of training packages and course delivery
- Assist and support other team members as required
To be considered for these roles you must have the following skills and experience:
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment ‐ TAE 40116
- Proven instructional and assessment experience
- PADI Open Water Dive ticket or equivalent (desirable)
You will have the opportunity to teach lifesaving skills to people in high-risk industries including:
- Helicopter Escape Training
- Sea Survival
- Emergency response
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Fighting
- Team Leader
- Heli Deck Incidents
- Confined Space Rescue
WHAT’S ON OFFER
- Flexible working arrangements – a 8 or 9 day fortnight or a 8 day
- Rewarding work – actively contribute to our trainee learning outcomes
- World class facilities and equipment
- Opportunity to gain qualifications and learn across different training streams in the business
- Keep abreast of industry best practice
Our purpose is to get people home safely.
For over 25 years we have built and delivered relevant and engaging training that has a real impact on the people who live and work in high-risk industries (oil & gas, mining, defence, aviation and maritime). Our business is underpinned by a commitment to strong partnerships, experienced people, rigorous compliance, and world-class facilities.
We pride ourselves in bringing a spirit for adventure to workplace training where participants spend more time undertaking hands-on problem-solving in immersive safety and emergency response scenarios than they do sitting in a classroom. We believe training is more than a certificate: It’s a skill for life.
More than 30,000 participants undertake training with us each year, most of whom will attend one of the three industry-leading immersive workplace facilities in Perth, Melbourne and Darwin. In addition, we run centres for Esso Australia at Longford and West Sale, and the Australian Defence Force at Brisbane, Nowra and Townsville.
If this sounds like a career for you, apply now via seek – Trainer and Assessor Job in Altona, Melbourne VIC – SEEK