Trainer & Assessor
Posted on: 11 January 2023
Location: Altona, Melbourne Safety Training Centre
ERGT Australia is the leading provider of high-risk safety and emergency response training to the Oil and Gas, Maritime, Defence, Aviation, and Major Hazard Facilities industries. Open your career up to a world of opportunity with ERGT and help set the bar high for the future of Australia’s safety training.
For over 25 years we have built and delivered relevant and engaging training that has a real impact on the people who live and work in high-risk industries. Our business is underpinned by a commitment to strong partnerships, experienced people, rigorous compliance, and world-class facilities.
We pride ourselves in bringing a spirit for adventure to workplace training, where participants spend more time undertaking hands-on problem-solving in immersive safety and emergency response scenarios than they do sitting in a classroom. We believe training is more than a certificate: it’s a skill for life.
About the role
We are seeking passionate and suitably experienced people to join our training team and support the delivery of high-quality safety and emergency response training.
You will have the opportunity to teach lifesaving skills to people in high-risk industries, including:
- Helicopter Escape Training
- Sea Survival
- Emergency response
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Fighting
- Team Leader
- Heli Deck Incidents
- Confined Space Rescue
- Manage all trainees allocated to scheduled courses
- Ensure all training is delivered and assessed according to Nationally Recognised Training Standards.
- Work alongside ERGT management to promote and consistently deliver high-quality products and services and meet quality objectives
- Review training packages and course delivery
- Assist and support other team members as required
What you need to get started:
- Cert IV in Training & Assessment ‐ TAE 40116 (essential)
- Proven instructional and assessment experience (desirable)
- PADI Open Water Dive ticket or equivalent (desirable)
- Exposure within either the oil and gas or aviation industries (desirable)
Why we think you’ll like it here:
- Flexible working arrangements – option of an 8 or 9 day fortnight
- Rewarding work – actively contribute to our trainee learning outcomes
- World class facilities and equipment
- Opportunity to gain qualifications and learn across different training streams in the business
- Keep abreast of industry best practice
Apply now via seek – Trainer and Assessor Job in Altona, Melbourne VIC – SEEK
ERGT celebrates uniqueness and embraces diversity. We welcome the creativity, insights and experiences from people of different race, age, religion, cultural background, gender, people with disability, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander; people like you.