Contain It – WA / NT
Preventing the loss of containment
The “Contain It” course is an interactive and practical training course for energy and resources personnel in WA to experience the first-hand effects of hydrocarbon releases in a safe and controlled environment. The aim of this course is to increase awareness of the process safety hazards within Major Hazardous Facilities. Training will provide an overview of major accidents, the mechanisms and impacts of process safety releases; and an individual’s role in preventing major accidents.
An understanding of major accident hazards is essential for everyone working in hazardous workplaces to embed learning. Although many companies conduct process safety awareness training in the classroom or on-line, very few people have experienced a physical loss of containment scenario. Contain It is intended to link desktop awareness with visceral demonstration of hazards, with a focus on simulating the experience of process safety consequences.
This ½ day training course is designed for those new industry as well as experienced workers in the energy and resources sector. The target audience for this training includes a broad range of job roles such as:
- Senior management/ business leaders;
- Operations, project delivery and maintenance personnel;
- Safety representatives;
- Personnel supporting maintenance activities’;
- Personnel involved in the hydrocarbon industry seeking to increase their awareness of process safety.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through practical demonstrations, classroom presentations, group activities and participant discussions.
Through active participation, individuals will be able to demonstrate understanding of:
- Recognising inherent scenarios and risks associated with process safety hazards at major hazard facilities;
- The ability to knowledgeably discuss process safety hazards, and mitigations, with all stakeholders;
- Situational awareness in a Loss of Containment event;
- Increased confidence to intervene and stop work if an unsafe process safety condition or behaviour is identified.
A health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training requirements.
ERGT Australia delivers Contain It under license to Safer Together. Safer Together is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry Operating Companies and Contract Partner Companies committed to creating the leadership and collaboration needed to build a strong and consistent safety culture in our rapidly evolving industry.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable