Hazardous Materials Incident Response Melbourne · Darwin · Perth
Don, test and operate designated personal protective clothing and equipment at a hazardous materials incident.
This ERGT safety training course is designed for people who are required to don, test and operate designated personal protective clothing and equipment at a hazardous materials incident. In event of an incident the operator would be required to respond to a incident involving dangerous goods and hazardous substances.
Structure and Assessment
Trainees demonstrate practical skills in formatively assessed guided practice scenarios. There is no collection and verification of individual trainee knowledge, though there is verification of trainees’ knowledge and understanding on a group basis.
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
- Demonstrate the procedure for donning a chemical splash suit with BA and donning a fully encapsulated gas suits
- Conduct incident reconnaissance and report back to command
- Identify the hazardous materials
- Contain the hazardous materials and make the scene safe
- Initiate emergency decontamination
Ongoing Maintenance of skills
In alignment with industry expectations and to ensure ongoing competence and capability ERGT recommends skills maintenance be conducted every 2 years.
ERGT Desired Skills and Knowledge
Evidence of the following prior skills and knowledge must be provided to ERGT for verification prior to course commencement:
- MSMWHS216 Operate breathing apparatus or equivalent
- PMAWHS213 Undertake fire control and emergency rescue, or equivalent
As existing members of emergency response teams, trainees have knowledge related to:
- Responding to fire emergencies
- Operate fire extinguishing equipment such as fire hoses, branches and extinguishers
- Undertaking search and rescue
Please read the attached AS/NZS 1715 Appendix B: Facial Seal of Respirators.
You will not be able to meet competency if you do not comply with the requirements of the standard. Please contact ERGT if you require further clarification.
A health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable