Industry Safety Induction Training – Virtual Virtual Component · Perth · Darwin
Industry Safety Induction – Virtual Classroom Delivery
This 1-day training course is designed for a ‘new start’* and is a prerequisite from 1 January 2020 in Western Australia and Northern Territory. The ISI course ensures that participants are equipped with the knowledge and skills to operate safely in their roles as they enter the Oil and Gas Industry. This training provides an introduction to the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry, gives an overview of legislation and duty of care obligations; workplace hazards, risks and the communication of them. It will also cover the expectations of safe workplace behaviour.
A ‘new start’* is anyone who has not worked in the Australian Oil and Gas E&P Industry for at least 12 months in the last 2 years. People who have worked in the Australian Oil and Gas E&P Industry for more than 12 months in the last 2 years can complete an Experienced Worker Declaration Form as evidence that they are not required to complete the ISI prior to starting work.
If you’re a member of Safer Together the ISI course fee is $450+GST. Please call 1300 374 828 to process this rate. For non-members, please click through the book now function on the website. For any other enquiries please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through the ERGT Virtual Classroom via a Zoom link, and involves presentations, activities and participant discussion. Participant assessment will occur through a combination of short quizzes, activities and exercises reviewed by the trainer/assessor.
The Industry Safety Induction will ensure participants are aware of:
- The main locations and activities associated with the Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry
- The tools and systems used by the Industry to help manage risk
- Their roles and responsibilities as safety leaders within the Industry
- The expectations the Industry places upon workers, with regard to safety conduct and behaviour
The Program will ensure participants are able to recognise:
- The primary hazards and risks found within the Industry
- Factors that influence their perception of risk and decision making around risk
- Behaviour and conduct that may compromise their safety and the safety of others
The Program will ensure participants are able to apply:
- Common industry risk management tools and strategies including safety conversations, intervening and stopping the job
ERGT Australia delivers Industry Safety Induction under licence to Safer Together. SaferTogether is a not-for-profit, member-led organisation of Oil and Gas Exploration and Production Industry Operating Companies and Contract Partner Companies committed to creating the leadership and collaboration needed to build a strong and consistent safety culture in our rapidly evolving industry.
Statement of Participation and passport-style photo of trainee are required upon enrolment.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable