OPITO – Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) 5700
OPITO Approved Safety Course for Offshore Workplaces
ERGT Australia’s Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course content covers offshore-specific safety induction, helicopter safety and escape, sea survival, firefighting and self-rescue and is essential for personnel who are new to the offshore oil and gas industry.
New personnel require this BOSIET offshore safety and emergency response training and assessment to work in an offshore cold-water environment.
If you are unsure if this is the correct course for you, please check with your employer for specific training requirements for your role or call us if you have any queries before booking online.
ERGT’s OPTIO-approved BOSIET training course is conducted at our safety training centres in Perth, WA, Melbourne, Vic and Darwin, NT. Please enquire online or call us on (08) 9417 6900 for more information.
The objectives of the BOSIET course are that trainees will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate, in a simulated environment, that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies – with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practice self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
Medical and Health Standards
A current offshore or industry equivalent medical is required for this course. Please refer to the ERGT Medical Form for accepted medicals and requirements.
A government issued photo identification is required for course registration.
Please bring swimwear and towel for in water activities.
Structure and Assessment
The Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training (BOSIET) course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical components within a simulated workplace environment. Trainees are required to demonstrate their competence through written assessment and practical exercises.
To maintain this certificate, it is an OPITO requirement to revalidate every 4 years (FOET or TFOET)
Authority / Regulator
This BOSIET training is regulated and endorsed by OPITO, which is the global, not-for-profit, skills body for the energy industry.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable