Block 2 – Emergency Response Team Perth
The purpose of this course is to provide the steps to obtain the skills and knowledge to fulfil the role of Emergency Response Team Members working in a mine site or a construction site.
This block training provides the skills and knowledge to respond to a range of vertical mining rescue situations and confined space emergencies. This course bundle prepares the emergency response team in responding to mining rescue situations, assessing rescue scenes, establishing rescue systems, performing in and terminating rescues.
This emergency response training may be used as part of a learning pathway to achieve a higher qualification and in partial completion of RII30719 Certificate III in Emergency Response and Rescue.
Structure and Assessment
This course is delivered through classroom presentations, group discussion and practical demonstrations and exercises. Trainees will demonstrate their competence through written and practical assessment.
The expected learning outcomes for this course are:
PUASAR022 Participate in a rescue operation
- Prepare and respond to rescue
- Contribute to a risk assessment at the scene
- Perform rescue
- Conclude rescue operations
PUASAR032 Undertake vertical rescue
- Prepare and respond to vertical rescue
- Assess scene
- Establish vertical rescue system
- Perform vertical rescue
- Terminate vertical rescue operations
PUASAR025 Undertake confined space rescue
- Prepare for confined space rescue operation
- Assess and manage confined space rescue
- Determine location and condition of casualties
- Gain entry to confined space
- Remove casualties
- Conclude rescue operations
RIIWHS201E Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Access and apply site safety procedures
- Apply personal safety measures
- Apply operational safety measures
- Maintain personal wellbeing
- Identify and report incidents
Authority / Regulator
The Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) is the national regulator for Nationally Recognised Training delivered by Australia’s vocational education and training sector.
A health questionnaire and declaration of fitness will be required at course registration. Please contact ERGT for any concerns regarding completion of practical training and
assessment requirements and to discuss options for reasonable adjustments.
ERGT Required Skills and Knowledge
Evidence of the following pre-requisite/s must be provided to ERGT for verification prior to course commencement:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- MSMPER205 Enter confided space or RIIWHS202E Enter and work in confined spaces
- PUAFIR207 Operate breathing apparatus open circuit
Government issued photo identification is required for course registration. Please read AS/NZS 1715 Appendix B: Facial Seal of Respirators. You will not be able to
meet competency if you do not comply with the requirements of the standard. Please contact ERGT if you require further clarification.
†No GST applicable
*Price Includes GST
+Price includes GST / ^No GST applicable